Theory into Practice ~ 2013



"You'll be the rhythm and I'll be the beat
Then I'll be the rythm and you'll be the beat..."
- Lykke Li, Melodies & Desires 



For those of you who don’t follow me (and you know who you are!), I have been on a quest to get to the bottom of the “shift” that was to occur at the end of 2012. And I got to tell you, I do believe one has occurred… In some.

During November and December  I set out on a solo mission to explore different realms of spirituality to accumulate a large enough data set to produce a feasible conclusion to the question: “Is There a Shift Happening?”  What I found was to change me, my experiences, and my view on life completely.

All the realms I investigated believed that YOU control how you experience the world. If you are sad, you have chosen to be sad; if you are happy, you have chosen to be happy. A  feeling or thought may arise, as they will in the human condition, but how you interpret them internally gives rise to how you will experience them. You assign a negative or positive meaning to them, which in turns defines your experience and your world.

After much research, I came to the hypothesis: “If there is a shift, then it is the individual’s choice to shift from negative to positive experiences.” This is a powerful statement.

So that being said, what to do now? Put the theory into practice, of course.

My endeavor for the next 6 weeks:

  • 40 Day Yoga Challenge – 40 days of yoga, meditation, thoughtful eating, mindfulness, and support group.
  • 6 week Buddhist Series: Letting Go of Bad Habits – How to mindfully eliminate attachments.
  • 6 weeks of NO FACEBOOK – My personal belief that FB is the devil. 
  • 6 weeks of only 2 nights “out” per week 

This is a more strict regimen geared toward learning how to better control my mind and how it processes thoughts so that I can have a more positive experience in life.

Wish me luck!